Blunt AVF needle with safety mechanism for the buttonhole technique.
Nipro’s Biohole™ buttonhole device is a simple and effective tool in creating tunnel tracks for the buttonhole technique.
The Biohole™ stick is inserted into the needle track and reduces tunnel formation time from 2-3 months to 14 days, with less funnel deformation and fewer vascular access complications.
Access creation can be achieved as early as the second session, which makes for a less complicated and more comfortable experience all around.
- Siliconized dull needle reduces pain compared to the rope-ladder technique¹⁻⁵
- Minimizes potential needling error and hematoma formation⁴′⁶′⁷
- Less AVF complications: reduces aneurysm formation and only two puncture sites required ⁴
- Decreases bleeding time⁸⁻¹⁰
- Reduced risk of needle stick injuries thanks to a non-reversible mechanism
- Toma S. A timesaving method to create a fixed puncture route for the buttonhole technique; Nephrology dialysis and transplantation. 2003
- Sukthinthai N. Buttonhole technique better than area puncture technique on hemostasis and pain associated with needle cannulation; J. Med. Assoc. Thai. 2012
- Kim MK. Clinical effects of buttonhole cannulation method on hemodialysis patients, Hemodial. Int. 2013
- o Twardowski Z. Different sites versus constant sites of needle insertion into arteriovenous fistula for treatment by repeated dialysis. Dial Transplant. 1979
- de Castro MC. Arteriovenous fistula cannulation by buttonhole technique using dull needle; J. Bras. Nefrol. 2010
- Verhallen AM. Cannulating in hemodialysis: rope-ladder or buttonhole technique?; nephrology dialysis transplantation. 2007
- Infectious complications in dialysis – epidemiology and outcomes. Nature Reviews Nephrology, 8, Feb 2012
- Parisotto MT, et al. Cannulation technique influences arteriovenous fistula and graft survival. Kidney Int. 2014
- Council Directive 2010/32/EU – Prevention from sharp injuries in the hospital and healthcare sector.
- Needles and cannulas for arteriovenous fistula access: More options promote better Outcomes. National Kidney Foundation.2016
|Arterial Needle**||Venous Needle**||Size (Gauge)||Needle Length (mm)||Tube Length (mm)||Color|